https://underwoodgardens.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/Garden-Tools.jpg 333 500 Stephen Scott https://underwoodgardens.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/TerroirSeedsNEWWebLogo3-300x69.jpg Stephen Scott2014-11-14 11:30:282016-01-04 11:00:51Garden Tool Cleanup
Garden Tool Cleanup
Fall and early winter is a great time to clean up the garden tools, do any needed repairs and see if there is any other tools needed for next year.
- Draining the gas from tillers or other power tools, checking oil levels and lubricating moving parts on power and hand tools.
- Remove the batteries from any timers used.
- Treat wood-handled tools with tung oil or other preservative.
- Make sure to bring in any tools that should not be left out in the winter elements.
- Drain all hoses, connections, soaker hose, drip tape, etc.
- Collect up all plant markers and store in a box for easy access in the spring.
- Add your dead plant material to the compost pile.
- Make sure your seeds are properly dried, labeled and stored.
- Make a list of seeds you are running low on.
- Mend any fences, supports or other structures before you need them again in the spring.
- Properly store your soil amendments and organic fertilizers in moisture proof containers.
Last but not least, enjoy the bounty of your harvest all winter and curl up with a good book!
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!